Are You a Landlord
or Wish to Learn More About the
Benefits of Becoming One?
Check out our Landlord Handbook
Tax Savings Program
You can save between $150 and $1500 on your property taxes. It’s true!!
The Property Tax Code has been amended by the Illinois General Assembly by adding Section 18-173 which will continue to offer owners property tax savings for another ten years expiring in the year 2024. Properties located within a qualified Township and census tract that have a housing choice voucher contract can save between $500 and $1,500 on property taxes.
To qualify, the Housing Authority must certify the following:
- The property is located in a qualified Township.
- The property is located within a census tract that has a poverty level below 10%, using data from the 2010 Census.
- At least one tenant that was renting at this property had a housing choice voucher on January 1st of the taxable year.
- The unit passed the most recent Housing Quality Standards inspection and is in compliance with local building codes.
- The owner has completed an application form and submitted the $50 fee (forms are available on our website).
Lake County Housing Authority has the applications in our main office or you can download one now by clicking on the link above.
Please contact Jody Jewell at firstname.lastname@example.org or (847) 223-1170 ext 2490 with any questions.